To do list for Outing Leaders
Time Line for Scout Patrol Leader
- Plan type of trip: length, purpose, where, etc. Try to inclu de some kind of advancement activity, such as scout skills or merit badge work;
- Find Adults to go on trip; With help from Adult leader, prepare flier for distribution;
- At troop meetings - announce the event, hand out flier and have sign up sheet-(there should be an adult and scout section and-phone numbers). Get sign ups.
- Send out an e-mail asking scouts to sign up for trip (obtain complete email list from committee chairman);
- Take the list of scouts and adults and fax or e-mail to the Adult in charge;
- Plan the food - try to have a scout that needs to satisfy Second Class requirement 2 (g) do the planning;
- Get equipment from the quartermaster;
- E-mail everyone that is going on trip-remind them to check gear list on website-ask for food help if needed., tell them where and when they are meeting and returning, and where they are going, and what they are doing ;
- When packing for the trip, make sure to bring roster of who is going, along with their phone #'s. Make sure to take Roll Call at night, and before leaving camp.
Time Line for Adult Leader
- Complete and File Local Tour Permit with Marin Council office in San Rafael (fax# is 454-5511);
- Arrange for Campsite as needed;
- Contact Adults for drivers;
- Contact Anne Fellows to get driver information/registration forms. All drivers must have one on file in order to drive on a trip.
- Organize food for adults-can ask other adults going to bring food;
- Get medical forms from Quartermaster;
- e-mail the advancement chairperson - include days camped, community service hrs., miles hiked for all scouts that went on trip.
- Send in excursion and expense reimbursement form to troop treasurer.